Monday, March 07, 2005

Monday of non-Justice....again

Well, I will soon be out of Rockford for good, which is a little sad....but, a little exciting because I get to look forward to a whole new set of students. WHEEEEE!!

Monday's suck....i've decided. I know everyone has said that before, but I think that when you wake up after having experienced a GREAT day of almost 60 degree weather, to the news telling you it's gonna snow tonight...well, it just kinda makes ya hate De Kalb and Illinois in general.

It's Monday night, so you know what that means...sitting at work again. No real stupid questions yet...but, I know they're coming.

Penny-Arcade is a very funny web-comic. Everytime I read their comics, I just have to laugh. These are not comics for the light of heart though. If you can not handle "language" then don't even bother checking them out. If you don't mind a little language....that is used humorously, check them out here!

Played a little World of Warcraft today again. Still loving it. I actually, haven't played Halo2 in 2 weeks now. Mind boggling. I think I'm losing my mind, but Warcraft is like taking over my gaming needs. Perhaps tomorrow night I will play some Halo2 and stop being such a roleplaying nerd, and begin being the better kind of nerd.....a First Person Shooter nerd!

Speaking of nerds, I met Matt for lunch the other day after my interview with Annawan Schools, and he showed me his rocking new IPOD Shuffle. This little baby is soooo sweet and if I am ever just flipping around like $100, I will pick one of these up. I don't expect to have $100 to just be flipping around anytime soon, but should the opportunity arrive, I'll be sure to flip it over to Best-Buy and pick one up.

I'm kind of weary of IPODs though. I mean, they're just so cute and trendy....the make me want to puke. There is a certain "type" of person that uses IPODs and MACS and stuff like that...and those people are very quirky. I dunno, MACS have always turned me the other way to my beloved crash-prone PC. I know she ain't much to look at, and she likes to blue screen at in-oppurtune times, but what can I say...it supports everything I want in a computer and feels the way I want a computer to feel. I have WAY to many memories with a PC and way to many bad memories with a MAC. Just my 2 cents on that.-

Andrea and I went over to my brother-in-law and sister's house on Saturday. We ate some pizze, Brian and I looked at his new Broadband from Comcast, and we messed around with Bittorrent...a truly lovely program. I then refreshed him on how to play Euchre so he would be ready to go for his Euchre club he just joined up with at his church. Should make for good times. I miss Euchre...such a classic game.

This weekend coming up, I get the privilege of going and taking my Assessement of Professional Teaching Test down in Normal, IL. Gotta love driving down there and enjoying the whole sitting and filling in bubbles for 2 1/2 hrs straight. Andrea and I hope to drive down there on Friday night, and stay in a hotel so I can just get up and go to my test the next morning. The alternative would be to get up hella early on Saturday morning, and drive there to take my test....the first scenario sounds like a much better idea.

The evil twins have managed to find out how to open our pantry closet door and go inside, bringing the evil thunder of their furry paws and demonic teeth to battle a wide assortment of food and pantry items such as: Beef jerky, paper bags, paper towels, catfood bag, bottled water....and many many other things. Because of this, they have forced me to fight back in the only way I know how...by using my brain. I know, i know...i could permanently injure myself doing something as dangerous as using my brain. I have faith though, that by doing this one heroic act, I will be able to allow those items in my pantry a much needed calm before the demonic spawns of satan figure out how to get past my locking mechanism of a thumb tack, a nail, and a hair tie stretched taunt! Figure THAT out oh ye children of darkness!

And with that, I must go do something else. Oll dis sofistikatied talk be mak'n my nudle hert!

-Dan out-

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON THE JOB!

TC

MC A.K.A Mykey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home