Sunday, April 10, 2005

Car Accidents = SuWEEEETNESS!!!!

So last night, we were hanging with my parents, haha, and Matt sent me a text message wondering what Andrea and I were up to. I sent him one back telling him to come over so we could all go over to my bro-in-law Doug's house and hang out. He agreed and came over. We decided on our way over to Doug's house to swing by Whitey's and pick up some icecream....it'd been a while since we'd snagged some and thought we were due. We waited in this line forever, and finally got through it and hopped in our cars to leave. I turned out onto 18th Avenue in Rock Island and stopped at the light. We were sitting there for like 20 seconds, Matt was stopped right behind us....when I hear this screeching sound really loud...I looked over at Andrea and was like....hmm...what was that sound...and then our car lurched ahead about 5 feet. Matt was now a little closer than he had been. Touching our bumper as a matter a fact. Our necks hurt, and we were like, "WT heck was that?"

Upon getting out of our car, we saw that Matt had also been hit, and that person had been hit as well. There was this crazy pile up of cars literally bumper to bumper. The last car in the row, the evil crasher had a completely busted up front end of his mini-van, and his air bags had been deployed. Apparantly, he hit the guy behind Matt who hit Matt, who hit us. So, I called the police and they came out...no ambulance though...which is odd, since they didn't ask me if anyone was hurt, and knowing it was a 4 car accident....but, whatever, no one was to hurt. Our necks hurt quite a bit...and some upper back pain...but, we'll manage I suppose. Luckily, our car and Matt's car were relatively un-harmed. A minor scratch on ours, and a few scratchs on Matt's. The other two had some damage though...and that mini-van is probably undrivable now, what with the transmission fluid spraying everywhere...haha. Andrea was a little upset about the whole thing, and rightly so, but we were all OK and we'll all survive. It's kinda freaky getting hit by another car....even if it was Matt who did it....haha...sorta. ;)

So that was our rocktastic night of justice. Billy was in town, and wanted Matt and I to meet him over at Leasure Time in E.M., but I was exhausted, and my neck hurt....so I declined...although I think Matt still went over. Sorry Billy! :(
I'll see ya this week when ya come up on Thurs and probably Friday as well.

Sunday, today, Andrea, myself, and her parents all went on a 15 mile bikeride. Good times were had with that, except that now I am pretty tired. So, trying not to drool on the keyboard here at work, I decided to update my blog in a pitiful attempt to stay awake. Gameboy seemed to put me to sleep, so let's hope this works.

I still haven't heard from my advisor....and that is a little odd, since I e-mailed him on Monday night ... about when he wanted to come out to observe me teaching, but, he's a busy guy I suppose.

I have 4 more hours of work coming up as well, which is always a ROCKING time! 6-10 baby...then get up at 4:45am on Monday...wheeeee!!!!!

I talked to Chadwick a few times this weekend when I remotely connected into my computer back in DeKalb from home. He's looking for a decent baseball game for the GBA and hopefully he finds one. GBA has been a real life saver at times....especially when you're sitting there passing the time at work or have fifteen or twenty minutes to blow and don't know what to do.

FIVE WEEKS!!!! until graduation...so THAT is exciting. Speaking of which, we're still looking for a place to move into come June, and have not found one yet. We're looking at maybe renting a house or something in Geneseo or the surrounding area so I am close to my job in Annawan. Most of the places though, are all, "NO PETS" which sucks, so it should be interesting to find a place that we can start renting in June AND allows pets!

Other than that, not much is going on. I passed my Assessment of Professional Teachers test....which means barring my finishing Student teaching with a high grade, which I know I will, graduation is imminent.

Until next time ladies,

Take it easy

-Dan out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home